6.17.2008

A LONG WAY DOWN by Nick Hornby

Links for the East Side Readers' June discussion.
  • A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. {Fair warning for delicate sensibilities: this book has some very salty language -- mostly in service to the characters and their situations -- as well as one character who is quite put off by it. Just so you know... }

From SD after the meeting: The characters in A Long Way Down kept referring to Nick Drake's suicide, so I found this. I also saw an article about Heath Ledger and his obsession with Drake. Ironic that they both had similiar deaths.

2 comments:

SF said...

My daughter told me to read this -- half my book club hated it. I thought it gave us a great topic to talk about - and the language and characters kept me laughing.

RM said...

So bummed I'm missing Hornby! I hope they enjoy it -- I think the first half is one of the most hysterical things I've read in a long time.