- Bookmarks: review & links
- Sunday Times Review
- Blog Critics review
- Poetry is About Breath and Movement, Says Nicholson Baker In 'The Anthologist'
- This should be required reading
in literature courses because in this novel, which is something of an
extended meditation about the nature of poetry, he dispatches the
venerable conventions that have kept many of us from enjoying and
understanding poetry written in English. I was afraid it would end too
soon the moment I picked it up. And it did, 243 pages later. And now I
miss this treasurable meditation.
- Slate Magazine audio book club podcast review (audio - just click)
- Anthologist at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (audio)
- Podcast of Baker at Phila. Free Library (Audio)
- NPR OnPoint interview (audio - 1 hr). Hear Baker reading. (GOOD)
- Links to interviews, podcasts, etc.
- Publisher's Interview
- YouTube video: Baker on his writing process
- The New Yorker book group read this: page 1 and page 2 (read bottom to top)
- Nicholson Baker - Wiki bio
- Nicholson Baker News: archival information about Baker from the NY Times.
- Generic discussion questions
- So you hated the book? Well, why?
- Poetic meter (Wiki)
- About Poetry: English Prosody and Literary Terms
- What his point was
- Learn to do it yourself. Interactive learning COOL!